I was sent some free Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce to try and share with you guys. I was sent two different flavours to try: ‘Extra Hot Habanero Barbecue Sauce’ and ‘Hot Pepper Steak Sauce’. You could use any of the Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce range for this recipe but I’m going to opt for the ‘Extra Hot Habanero’ variety! You can check out the rest of the range on the Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce Website: jackdanielsbbqsauces.com
I decided to use it to add a new dimension to a faviourite of mine – a sausage casserole.
You will need (makes 4 portions)
- Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce (I’m using Extra Hot Habanero!)
- 8 of your faviourite sausage
- 6 slices bacon, sliced
- 2x 400g butter beans
- 100ml red wine (optional if you’re on a budget)
- 2x 400g chopped tomatoes
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 medium white onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1stp chilli powder
- 4tsp dried oregano
- 4tsp dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1tbsp dark muscavado sugar
- In a large casserole dish fry the sausages in a little vegetable oil until brown all over, then remove and set aside.
- In the same oil, fry off the bacon and set aside with the sausages.
- Fry the onions for a few minutes until softand then add the garlic and fry for another minute or two.
- Add the smoked paprika and fry for another minute.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the butter bean and then also add the sausages and bacon back in. Bring to a simmer and leave simmering with the lid on for 35 mins.
- Add the butter beans and continue to simmer for another 10 mins.
- Serve with rice or bread, and enjoy!!