This is a super quick, cheap, tasty lunch that is guaranteed to satisfy you on a wet and windy weekend!
I made this lunch with inspiration from my new cookery book: Jamie’s 15 minute meals. Sometimes to eat and cook great food, all you need is inspiration and you’re away. I’ll be providing a full review soon, but it’s an excellent book for getting your mouth watering and ideas for food flowing.
You will need:
- 1 egg
- Enough smoked salmon to cover a slice of toast (not much!)
- As much red chilli as you want!
- As much feta cheese as you want!
- Get your toast in the toaster and a pan of water on the boil.
- Chop up as much red chilli as you want.
- Poach your egg in the pan of water. After some help from my flatmate I poached mine for 3 minutes using the cling film technique. Oil the cling film, put the egg in, season it and make a little bag. Drop this in the water being careful not to let water leak into the packet. You want the white to form around the egg. Mine wasn’t perfect in appearance, but 3 minutes gave it a perfectly runny centre and perfect whites, and this is what counts!
- Butter your toast, place the smoked salmon on top, then the egg and chopped chilli.
- Crumble as much feta cheese as you want over.
If you want a bigger lunch, add another egg or two, or another slice of toast.