This is a great recipe that’s quick to prepare, super cheap, will keep in the freezer for ages, and it only takes about 10 minutes to cook. Oh, and its also extremely tasty and mouth-watering!
You will need:
- 1 ripe mango, diced into small cubes
- Juice of one lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Half a red onion, finely chopped
- Thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Small handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Half a red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- Combine all the above ingredients, prepared as stated, in a bowl. Stir well.
- Cover the bowl and keep in the fridge until needed. It will last a good few days, so use as required.
It should look something like this:
The burgers (makes 6)
You will need:
- 500g pork mince
- 2 sticks of lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 red chillis, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest of one lime
- Iceburg lettuce leaves (to serve)
- Combine all the ingredients, prepared as above, into a large bowl.
- Using your hands, roll 6 balls of the mixture and pat down to form a burger-like shape
- Get your grill nice and hot and then place the balls under the grill for 6 minutes, until a nice golden crust is formed.
- Flip and grill for a further 3-4 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve each burger in a large icburg lettuce leaf, with some of the salsa on top. Roll and eat!
The salsa will keep for days, and the burgers can be frozen individually wrapped in cling film so there is no excuse not to prepare this in advance and keep for nice quick meal after work! I find two burgers to be a nice meal size, and the salsa is about the right amount for 6 burgers. All in all this is a really quick, cheap, easy, tasty meal – what more could you want!